Monday, July 04, 2005

Back Home and Back to Work...sigh.

I'm back in Korea after two weeks in Taiwan. It is always hard to re-adjust to working after a vacation and today was no exception. Alas, one day down, six weeks to go.

Taiwan was overall a really good time. I spent about five days in Taichung, which I have to say, I liked a hell of a lot more than Taipei. It's pretty laid-back, and the locals are generally more friendly. You can make a good analogy that Taichung is to Taipei as Daejeon is to Seoul. I met lots of cool people there and enjoyed the nightlife. There are lot's of good bars in Taichung: PJ's, FM, La Bodega, The Circle, and 89K (live music), to name a few (yes, I pub crawled my way through both cities).

[Good bars in Taipei: Shannon's, The Brass Monkey, and one other that I can't remember the name of to save my life.]

Rebecca set me up with her best friend Cecilia, who lives in Taichung with her family. Cecilia is a very nice woman who was very helpful in showing me around the city while I waited for Rebecca to come down from Taipei to meet us. I also talked to a lot of westerners who gave me a good amount of info about living in Taiwan. One thing I noticed is that the foreigners in Taiwan are less transient and stay longer than the foreigners in Korea. I think I only met two or three people who had been living there for less than 3-4 years. Many of the folks I talked to had been there over 10 years. If I decide to move to Taiwan next year, I'll head down to Taichung.

Anyway, here are some of the photos I took while I was there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home