Saturday, July 01, 2006

Back in Korea, rested, relaxed, and ready to rumble.

I'm back in Korea after a simply wonderful two weeks visiting my mom and uncle in California. The whole trip was exactly what I needed. The weather was spectacular, and I spent most of my time visiting with my mom, reading, walking on the beach, and sleeping. Oh did I mention eating tons of great food, and shopping like a maniac? Given how tired and stressed out I was when I left Korea, I couldn't have asked for a better vacation.

One of the great surpises was the fact that my brother Kim showed up a few days after I got there. This was a complete surprise to both me and my mom. Apparently my uncle had spent a month planning this surprise. Even my 13 year old niece didn't spill the beans (granted when my mom asked her, Jesse said she forgot). The strangest thing was that my brother had shaved his beard. I don't think I've seen him without a beard in maybe 30 years. It was very weird. Although he could only stay a few days, it was great to see him, and it made my mom very happy, which is always a good thing.

While my brother was there, we managed to get in a fishing trip. The trip was fun despite 12 foot seas and the fact that you had to brace yourself between the cabin and gunwhale while fishing to keep yourself on board. There were a couple times when the boat went over a swell and I was practially perpendicular to the water. It was like being on a rollercoaster. Regardless, both my brother and I caught our limit and generally had a good time.

All in all, it was a great trip.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really great shots.

Ansel Adams, eat your heart out!!!!

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home