Sunday, July 01, 2007

Home Again. Home Again. Jiggity Jig.

I had a wonderful time with my mom and uncle in ever exciting Crescent City, CA. I ate like a pig thanks to mom's home cooking (I'll probably be having dreams about roast beef, mashed potatoes, and lasagna for weeks to come). I also got in a great deal of sleep. My mid-afternoon snore fests probably loosened some roof tiles, but there's something about nodding off in a comfy chair to the sounds of a baseball game that's truly good for the soul. Add to this the quiet comfort of sitting outside with my mom and uncle chatting away and watching the sun go down over the Pacific, and you have the makings of a pretty sweet time.

The other thing I got to do while I was there was make a pilgrimage to Amoeba Records in San Francisco. Amoeba is probably the greatest record store ever. Tens of thousands of new and used cds, tapes, and lps all at VERY reasonable prices. I'm like a kid in a candy store when I go there. I bought thirty "new" cds and still managed to spend only $260. I could have easily spent more, but figured that going for a second basket to carry stuff was probably a bit much. I still think about stuff that I forgot to look for...sigh.

So another vacation is in the books. I'm back in Korea jet-lagged and discombobulated (I woke up at 3 am this morning and have been unable to sleep since). Fortunately, I don't have to be back at work until Tuesday, so I have an extra day to try and get my brain and body back into Korea time. This means, of course, that on this rain soaked, dreary Sunday, I have to avoid taking a nap. Yeah. Right.

Here are some photos from the trip:


Crescent City, CA at rush hour.







The hustle and bustle of this booming metropolis can be a bit overwhelming at times.








However, the scenery certainly makes up for it.

The Crescent City Lighthouse.

Iceplant

An osprey after a successful hunt.

There's even the occasional nuclear test! Just kidding!

There are always spectacular sunsets. I think this is my favorite photo.


Even when the fog rolls in it's beautiful.

A little image tampering can create some cool effects.

Weird driftwood.

Attempt at being artsy. Came up with rocks.
Seagulls.
Turkey vultures munching on a dead sealion.

Happy dog.
In trying to get these shots of the moon over the ocean I discovered a couple of things. I desperately need to get a tripod, and I don't really know how all the functions work on my camera.


With my mom and my uncle














If you get tired of the ocean, you can wander a ways up north into redwood country. The following jumble of photos are from the Smith River and Stout Grove near the Oregon/California border. There are some ridiculously big trees up there.









1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ㅠ_ㅠ So coooool!!

Wow! Your home is located at such a paradise. I like your pics especially the "nuclear" experiment :-b and the sunsets too.

Hehe- You look like a little child in front of giant trees. cute!

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home