Saturday, March 12, 2005

Christ on a crutch! What hit me??

Last night started out innocently enough. The staff at CNU went out for dinner to welcome the new members of our little crew. Given that winter fought back this weekend with a cold snap that would freeze a polar bear, inside activities seemed to be to be the thing to do. I should have realized that the bottle of soju I had with dinner was only a warning shot across the bow. For those of you unfamiliar with the little green monster that is soju, it is a Korean rice wine, that is, quite frankly, a train wreck in a bottle.

After dinner, we all headed off to Santa Claus, which is a local bar run by my favorite Korean, Mr. Ho. Santa's has been my second home since the first week after I arrived here in Korea. Mr. Ho has a genuine love of waeguks (foreigners) and amazing taste in music. Combine that with fairly cheap booze, and you have a recipe for warm and fuzzy contentment.

The place was packed to the rafters with folks engaging in all manners of alcoholic frivolity. Somewhere around 3 or 4 am, having taken several broadsides and listing heavily to port, I staggered out of the bar and headed for home stopping on the way for some dalkgochi (chicken on a stick) and a a couple of road beers (because God knows I needed to drink more beer! lol). I got home around 5:00 and ended up talking to my neighbor until I looked out the window and saw, that, much to my amazement, it was light outside. It was at that point that common sense fought its way into my sodden brain, and I crawled off to bed. Needless to say, when morning (5 pm) rolled around, I was not at my best.

Anyway, I'm off to join the Saturday niight madness. Woooo Hoooo!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude! take it easy on the booze! Have fun but what ur doing isn't healthy! u gotta hold back a little. We all want you around for a long while more!

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah... radiohead.....

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home