Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Today is a GREAT FUCKIN' DAY!! If music is the window to the soul then I have found mine. Today I received not only one of my top ten favorite records in the world, but also, a record that I thought I would never, EVER, be able to find again: SVT - No Regrets! Most of you who read this blog know the story of the record collection I lost. It's a sad and sordid tale that I'll refrain from repeating here.

I first heard this record sometime around 1981-82 when a friend brought home a cassette with the album on it. Although my cheap ass tape player ate the damn tape after about four listens, I was immediately and permanently hooked. I spent the next ten years trying desperately to find a copy of the LP. I finally found a copy in a used record store in DC for $1.50 and was ecstatic.
This is the last album by this band (they only released two full length lps) as the lead singer, Brian Marnell, died of an overdose shortly after it's release. The album went out of print, the label it was issued on went out of business, so finding this thing was tricky to say the least.

Two weeks ago on a whim I was looking through www.songsearch.com and did a searchfor SVT. Normally this would result in nothing, but lo and behold there it was. Rykodisc re-released the album this year! Needless to say the credit card was out in a heartbeat and the order laid down.

Shameless plug moment: If you are a music fanatic and can't download the music you want, www.songsearch.com is the place to go. The CDs are relatively cheap, they ship damn near everywhere in the world, and you can find just about everything you want.

Today is a good day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home