Thursday, May 11, 2006

Blessed are the Thursdays

For most people, Thursdays are jsut another day of the week bouyed slightly by the knowledge that the weekend is just around the corner. For me, however, Thursdays have taken on an almost mystical quality. Thursday has become a day that I look forward to as much, if not more than, the weekend. The reason is that, even though my first class of the day is at 6:50 am, my day is finished at 10:00 am. It's a beautiful thing. It's basically a day off in the middle of the week.

Today is a typical Thursday. I finished my last class, and now I'm sitting at home watching the Nationals play the Reds on the computer. Having just finished eating breakfast, I am content as content may be. Now my only task is to figure out what I want to do with myself after the game is over. I have no urgent errands to run. Do I play World of Warcraft or Kart Rider all day? Do I curl up on the sofa with a book, or do I work on my newest hobby which is uploading music torrents to share on www.komodoisland.net? Decisions. Decisions. Hell, I could go down to Santa's around one for lunch and put on a good afternoon drunk, hee hee.

Here's the Thursday Shuffle:

1. Steve Morse Band: Wolf Song
2. Garbage: Metal heart
3. Soul Asylum: Veil Of Tears
4. Crying Nut: Broadway
5. Art Blakey: Free For All
6. Steve Earle: Good Ol' Boy (Gettin' Tough)
7. Bill Monroe: The Dead March (Instrumental)
8. Thelonius Monk: Blue Monk
9. Slayer: Silent Scream
10. Danzig: Evil Thing
11. Roomful Of Blues:Gator's Groove / Welcome To Lupo's
12. Frank Zappa: The Gumbo Variations
13. Little Feat: Lafayette Railroad
14. Pearl Jam: You Are
15. Megadeth: She-Wolf
16. The Dubliners: The Lifeboat Mona
17. Bill Monroe & His Bluegrass Boys: In The Pines
18. Peter Gabriel: Make Tomorrow
19. Jack Johnson: Taylor
20. Blue Oyster Cult: Godzilla
21. Indigo Girls: Power Of Two
22. Hanoi Rocks: Underwater World
23. Steve Earle: If You Need A Fool
24. Journey: Escape
25. Toad The Wet Sprocket: Pale Blue
26. ZZ Top: (Somebody Else Been) Shaking Your Tree
27. Modern Jazz Quartet: Sacha's March
28. Alice Cooper: Freedom
29. Bowling For Soup: I Melt With You
30. Living Colour & Run DMC: Me, Myself, & My Microphone

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home