Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Yep. It's Wednesday.

Not sure why, but it has seemed to take a month to get to Wednesday this week. Maybe it's because I went out Sunday night. Maybe it's because I spent about fours hours at Chungnam National University Hospital yesterday getting MRIs on my knees and shoulder and dealing with the hospital buearacracy (not the easiest thing on any given day, but try when you can't speak Korean).

The biggest issue yesterday was not the MRIs, but trying to get my insurance straight. Apparently there was some confusion over the medical discount form given to me by the office at the institute to help defray the cost of my MRIs (approximately 1,200,000 won). The problem started when the hospital called the CNU to verify that I was in fact an employee. The person at the university said, "No." This caused me some consternation since CNU has been paying me for the past three years, and, if my memory serves, I've been teaching CNU students for that time as well. It could be a horrid nightmare that I'm about to wake from, but I don't think so.

To make a long story short, the problem was worked out when my director, Dr. Kim (who happens to be a big wig in pediactric medicine at CNU Hospital), got on the phone, first with the university administration (where she found out the person who was talking to the hospital had been on the job for three whole days and didn't know his ass from a hole in the ground), and then with the hospital. In the end, even though I had paid for the MRIs with my credit card, I walked out of the hospital with 480,000 won in my pocket and an appointment next week to find out how fucked up my knees and shoulder really are. Guess there's a silver lining in there somewhere.

Anyway, here's the Hump Day Mix for this week:

1. Frank Zappa: Oh No
2. The Cramps: Uranium Rock
3. Talking Heads: Blind
4. Bad Manners: Rosemary
5. Jimmy Buffett: Jolly Mon Sing
6. The F.U.'s: Peer Police
7. Old Crow Medicine Show: Hard To Tell
8. Bauhaus: St. Vitus Dance
9. Santana: Them Changes
10. Led Zeppelin: Boogie With Stu
11. The Danny Morris Band: Fireball
12. Down: Lysergik Funeral Procession
13. Thin Lizzy: Cowboy Song
14. Running Wild: The Poison
15. Venom: In Nomine Satanis
16. Charlie Parker: Yardbird Suite
17. The Cult: Aphrodisiac Jacket
18. Descendents: She Loves Me
19. Hanoi Rocks: No Law And Order
20. The Fixx: Stand Or Fall
21. The Ramones: Outsider
22. Iron Maiden: The Evil That Men Do
23. Rush: Jacob's Ladder
24. Motorhead: Don't Let Daddy Kiss Me
25. Tangerine Dream: The Spirit Of The Czar
26. Emerson, Lake & Palmer: Tank
27. The Proletariat: Torn Curtain
28. Bad Religion: Doing Time
29. Jethro Tull: Dr. Bogenbroom
30. The Kinks: Animal

Well, things are looking up. Gonna go get some food and go drinkin'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home