Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Ok. This is just too much!

The world is coming to and end. Sesame Street has been given a "May not be suitable for children" warning label.

Apparently, Oscar and Bert are too grumpy, Ernie, while perpetually cheerful, is "a little slow", Gordon is a potential pedofile, Cookie Monster is an addict (I almost died when I heard they made him start eating apples), and Big Bird suffers from delusions because only he can see Snuffleupagus. Oh, and the best part? Sesame Street is a too real, and possibly dangerous place to be. WHAT?!?!?

Now I don't know about you folks, but I grew up on Sesame Street (along with the myriad of other PBS childrens shows such as ZOOM!, The Electric Company, etc.). I was a pretty sickly kid when I was little, and I missed a lot of school through first and second grades. Sesame Street offered me endless amounts of entertainment as well as being a tried and true companion during my stays at home. The show encouraged reading and learning as well as respect and tolerance for ALL people. Sesame Street encouraged kids to go OUTSIDE and play. It's amazing I survived with all these dangerous concepts warping my brain.

The world has gone mad. I can just picture this Christmas as families gather around the tree to open their presents. Mom and Dad happily hand their 6 year old his brand new X-Box and a copy of Grand Theft Auto saying, "Here you go Timmy, you can now pretend to be a pimp, gangster, and murdering car thief, but that horrid Seasame Street is OFF LIMITS!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home