Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A Second Half in Hell...

Redskins 14 - Packers 17

The game literally slipped away in the second half as Santana Moss, the normally sure handed, fleet-footed receiver for the Redskins put the ball on the ground during a reverse, and had it scooped up by the Pack for a 57 yard fumble return for what would be the winning score.

Like the Giants game 3 weeks ago, the Skins blew a first half lead with sloppy play and careless mistakes. Jason Campbell had a great game mostly. He would have had a spectacular game but for the entire Redskins receiving corps (with the exception of the ever reliable Chris Cooley) developing a bad case of the dropsies. Santana Moss, coming off an injury, could neither catch nor hold on to the ball once he had it. It was appalling.

To add insult to injury (literally), the Redskins O-line took a beating that could have repercutions for the rest of the season. The right side of the line, already reeling from the loss of veteran stalwarts Jon Jansen and Randy Thomas in the first two games, lost all three of their back-ups in this one. The Skins, who started the season with ample depth on the O-line, are now looking at the possibility of signing gaurds and tackles off the waiver wire for next week's game against the Cardinals. the thought of a patchwork O-line for te remainder of the season spells trouble with a capital "T".

On a brighter note, after seven years in Korea, I'm finally going to get to see some decent live music. Next Sunday, Megadeth will be playing in Seoul, and I have tickets! Those of you that know me, know my love of music and especially live music. I am totally psyched. Even the weather is co-operating. It's cool enough now for me to dust off my leather and go bang my head in appropriate style.

Another great thing is that I got my tickets to New Zealand yesterday. I'm heading south for the winter to go drink a few pints with "Kiwi" Glen and see what kind of trouble I can get into. I can't wait seeing that this will be my first time in NZ. Rock on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home