Saturday, March 08, 2008

Three years of blogging and counting!

It's hard to believe that I've had this thing going for three years, but there it is.


As I look towards another year in paradise (?), I find there are a number of uncertainties to be faced: My job situation (whether I'll be back at CNU next year or not), my housing situation, which may become part of my employment situation, and my Korea situation, which will be decided by the other two. In the meantime, a new semester has started (I survived the first week!), and I'll just have to be patient and do what I do.


At first glance, my classes, especially my institute classes, look like they should be pretty good. The institute classes are confident and very chatty, which at 7 and 8 am, makes things far easier for me. There's nothing more difficult than getting bleary-eyed, groggy students to talk at that time in the morning when they lack confidence in their ability (I always supply coffee and tea for my students. Anything to kick-start the process. lol). My freshmen are typical first semester, I-can't-find-my-ass-with-both-hands, beginners who look like they're wondering what the Hell they've gotten themselves into. At least they laughed at my jokes!


As always, music will be the key to my survival. Here's the list for today:


1. The Romantics - Do Me Anyway You Wanna

2. King Diamond - The Puppet Master

3. Johnny Cash - Daddy Was A Bass Singer w/ June Carter

4. The Pietasters - Movin' On Up

5. Ozric Tentacles - Pyoing

6. Deep Purple - The Battle Rages On

7. Stiff Little Fingers - Running Bear

8. Frank Zappa - The Black Page (New Age Version)

9. Mojo Nixon - Burgers Of Wrath

10. Grateful Dead - Me & My Uncle (Live)

11. Camel - Rhayader Goes To Town (Live)

12. The Fixx - Treasure It

13. The Exponents - Sink Like A Stone

14. Warrant - Cherry Pie

15. Descendents - Everything Sux

16. Bad Religion - The State Of The End Of The Millenium Address

17. Jackyl - We're An American Band

18. Violent Femmes - Prove My Love

19. Rush - Way The Wind Blows

20. The Seldom Scene - Rider

21. Rotting Christ - Where Mortals Have No Pride

22. Johnny Cash - Ring Of Fire w/ Bob Dylan

23. Bill Nelson - First Boy On The Moon

24. The Clash - Spanish Bombs

25. Violent Femmes - America Is

26. Eddie Money - Take A Little Bit

27. George Thorogood & The Destroyers - Greedy Man

28. Guadalcanal Diary - Home (Joe Blaney Mix)

29. Judas Priest - Green Manalishi (With The Two-Pronged Crown)

30. Frank Zappa - Little Umbrellas

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep them coming buddy


Jamey

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home