Friday, August 29, 2008

My New Digs

With much trepidation I was moved to a new apartment off campus last week. At first, I was vigorously opposed to the idea of moving for the basic fact that I had a very nice on campus apartment and was quite comfortable there. Add to that the fact that the university could come up with no good reason for the change, I was more than a little pissed off.

Moving day was a sight to behold. If Koreans do nothing else well, they sure as shit know how to move people. Five guys showed up at my house last Wednesday, packed all my stuff ( I didn't have to do ANYTHING), loaded the stuff into the truck, ran it to my new place, and then UNPACKED EVERYTHING AND PUT IT AWAY!! These guys managed to do all this in just about three and a half hours. It was unbelievable.

Now that I'm settled in, the move is turning out to be a pretty good thing. While the new lace is significantly smaller than my old one, it's quite comfy. The thing I like the most is that it's at the end of the building, so I have balconies at each end of the apartment. Because I'm on the 12th floor, this allows for a great cross breeze to run through the apartment and keep it relatively cool even on hot days.

Here are some pics of the new place.



I have to say, I really like the view from the front of the apartment.

It's a long way to the street.

The front room.

The kitchen.

The backroom which I'm using as an office.

The view from the back of the apartment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home