Saturday, March 18, 2006

The morning after...

First, I'd like to give a birthday shout to Jamey and Cam, ya dottering old coots!

Last night was St. Patrick's Day, and, as usual, all the folks were out for a night of alcoholic excess. For the CNU folks, it was the perfect storm: Friday, St. Paddy's Day, AND Payday! That simply spells trouble.

Santa Claus was packed to the rafters with green-clad revelers well into the early hours. There was Irish Stew made by Kiwi Glenn and Robin which was excellent, free Jello shots, made by me (Jello, two cups of water, and two liters of soju!! Potent just doesn't describe them, hee hee), and a host of drink specials. Good music, goofy dancing, loud singing, pool playing, and drinking in abundance were the rules of the day (I do have a vague recollection of washing dishes at one point). I unfortunately forgot to bring my camera, so there is no incriminating evidence (maybe this is a good thing). Needless to say, I'm feeling a tad fuzzy today, and I'm dreading the trip down to Santa's later to pay my tab, which may hurt more than my hangover. All in all, it was a fun night.

In other news, the second week of the semester is over, and it's getting a little easier. My body and brain are adjusting to the 5 am wake up - more or less, anyway - and my classes are beginning to gel. Still, everyone is working a ton of hours, and last night's excess was, I think, partly a product of the need to blow off some serious steam. Back to the grind on Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home