Friday, May 12, 2006

AAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIGGHHH!!!!!!

I swear to God the Nationals are gonna be the death of me.

I watched today's game against Cincinnati. It was a pitcher's duel with the Reds taking a one run lead into the ninth inning. In the top of the ninth, the Nats manage to tie the game and then tack on 3 more runs in the top of the eleventh. I'm watching and thinking, "Ah this is in the bag. The nats will come away with a series win. The bottom of the eleventh comes, and suddenly it's 4-2 Nats, the Reds have men on first and second, Ken Griffey Jr. is coming to the plate, and the Nats bring in Joey Eischen. To add insult to injury, this is all happening ten minutes before my next class, so I had to go to class and miss the next at bat. What happens? Griffey, on his first day back after a month on the DL, crushes an 1-0 pitch for a three run, walk-off homer.

Sigh.

I guess, if it's any consolation, at least it was Griffey. The man has taken more undeserved shit from the media and the fans because of his injuries over the past few years. Griffey is a class act, and his play today was a hearty in your face to his critics, but....

HOW THE FUCK DID THE NATS LOSE THAT GAME?!?!?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home