Friday, July 21, 2006

Hmmm. Am I an average blogger?

According to a Washington Post article on bloggers, "The average blogger is a 14 year old girl talking about her cat." Of course, this is the MONEY quote from the article that everyone will focus on. Given that, again according to the article, there are 49 million blogs out there, that would mean that there are a hell of a lot of 14 year old girls with WAY too much time on their hands.

Actually, the main jist of the article is that bloggers tend to be under 30, write primarliy for their friends and family or for themselves, and that relatively few blogs or bloggers view themselves as newsmakers or budding journalists. With the exception of the under 30 part - not sure I even remember 30 - I suppose I fit into the average.

In the end it boils down to the fact that blogs are fun and a fairly constructive way to kill time. Also it gives me an objective way to look at my horrible punctuation skills, so it's EDUCATIONAL as well. How's THAT for some quick rationalizing at 7:30 am. Damn, I'm good.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do love to read your article. you are better than journalist, I think...

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home