Sunday, August 27, 2006

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBA-A-A-ALLL!!

It's my favorite time of year. The summer heat is on the wan, and the anticipation for the upcoming football season is building. I've got my fantasy league in the works with draft day next Wednesday, I'm all signed up with the NFL Field Pass, so I can listen to the games (I'm listening to the Redskins getting spanked by the Patriots right now), and I think I may have found a website where I'll be able to watch live NFL games. One can only hope.

Now, as far as the Redskins are concerned, this preseason: THEY SUCK! Take today for example. Tom Brady, against what is supposed to be one of the top tier defenses in the league, is 14/24 for 193 yards and a touchdown in the first half. Don't even get me started about the Skins offense other than to say it's...well...offensive (Mark Brunell: 7/15 for 51 yards and has been sacked three times). Mercifully, the first half is over. Maybe the second stringers can do something with the ball. Sheesh!

Now I'm a life-long Skins fan and will never give up on my boys, especially after what they did at the end of the season last year going 6-0 to finish the season and make the playoffs. There is also the mythical comfort in the fact that whenever the Skins go 0-4 in the preseason they've either gone to the Superbowl or at least made the playoffs (yeah, yeah, I know, but I'll take whatever I can get, eh?). The Redskins open up at home on Monday night against the Vikings. Hopefully the real Redskin team will show up for that game. We'll have to wait and see.

Final Score - Redskins: 0 Patriots: 41 [sigh]

GO REDSKINS!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home