Sunday, August 20, 2006

Going under the knife.

Tomorrow I'm going in to get surgery on my right knee. This sucks but can't be avoided. I tore the meniscus tendon in my knee sometime earlier this year playing ultimate. Fortunately, I found a doctor here that seems pretty competent and comes highly recommended by the director of my school, who also happens to be a surgeon. This is a good thing since the last guy I was seeing told me that the problem with my knee was old age.

I have to say I'm a bit nervous about the whole thing. First of all, when I was a kid, I spent years in and out of hospitals for a variety of reasons. This has led to an aversion to hospitals bordering on pathological (well maybe not that bad, but I don't like 'em). Second, I would be nervous about this if I was in the States, but I'm in Korea. Ramp up the anxiety a bit. If I'm lucky, I'll be able to come home tomorrow afternoon or only have to stay in the hospital one night. All other options suck ass.

The other thing that sucks is the fact that, as of midnight tonight, I can't eat, smoke, or drink anything. I don't have to be at the hospital until 11 am tomorrow, and the surgery doesn't start until 12. Now this means that I ca have neither my morning coffee nor my morning smoke. I'm going to be one cranky waeguk by the time I get to the hospital. I also had to shave my leg today, which was weird in it's own right.

Anyway, I'm off to play World of Warcraft. Killing stuff is an excellent stress relief.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey bro

good luck in the hospital bro, im sure it'll be "great". make sure to feel a sexy nurses ass for me ok? i want pics of the wound too, that'd be awesome!

later on
chopper

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home