Monday, October 16, 2006

ALL is woe! ALL is gloom!! Now we step towards our DOOM!!

Yes. I watched the Redskins game. I stayed up on a school night (granted I didn't have to work until 2 pm today, but that's beside the point) and watched the Redskins game. I was pretty excited about it too. They played the hapless, winless, no account Tennessee Titans. A team that is supposed to...well...suck. It would seem that someone forgot to tell Tennessee that because they, and their ROOKIE quarterback basically ran roughshod over a Redskin defense that was so porous that my dead grandmother could have had a hundred yard day against them. As it was, an 0-5, oh sorry, now 1-6, team put up 5,000 yards. ARRRRRRGGGHH!!!

The offense managed to keep the game tight, while at the same time looking less than the muti-million juggarnaut it's supposed to be. It was nice to see Brunell send a few balls up field (the 51 yard bomb to Brandon Lloyd was a thing of beauty) rather than the usual pass out in the flat. However, it would be nice if he didn't throw those beautiful arching spirals INTO TRIPLE FUCKING COVERAGE!!!! Mark, baby. I know Sanatana Moss is good. I know you two have a chemistry. BUT HE'S NOT THE ONLY RECEIVER ON THE GODDAMNED FIELD!!! Don't get me wrong. Santana's on my fantasy team, and I like it when you throw to him. But please, PLEASE, when he is the only Burgundy shirt in a crowd of six guys, throw the damn thing to somebody else, huh?

It's mid-term exam week here at CNU, which of course is the perfect time for the city and the local airforce base to stage air raid drills. Nothing more conducive to studying than blaring sirens and low flying fighter jets. Then again, the chief weeble, Kim Jong Il, is playing with his chemistry set again, and that seems to have made a few people a little nervous.

I remember the first time I heard the air raid sirens. I had been in Korea for about, oh, I don't know, a month and a half maybe. I was walking to the store to get some milk or something when the sirens started wailing and 4 or 5 F-16s came screaming over the neighborhood at about 1,000 feet. Having no idea at the time that this was a fairly regular thing here in Daejeon, I was a little disconcerted. In fact, I walked straight into a parked car. This before noticing that the Koreans around me were completely unconcerned with the whole thing and probably thought I was drunk.

So the Redskins lost, North Korea has nuclear weapons, and George Bush is still the president. Sigh. I think I need some ice cream.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Redskins blew it, but how did you do in your fantasy game against Rupert


Jamey

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home