Friday, April 22, 2005

AAH-AAH-AAAHHHHHHH-CHHOO!!!!!!

Springtime!!! A time of renewal, rebirth, courtship, yellow dust, and Eric's bi-annual, head-busting, lung shredding, eye-watering cold. I hate spring. I will have to say though, I'm nothing if not consistent. You could set your clock by my colds. I get one in April and one in October. Never fails. It's the same cold each time as well. Lungs full of broken glass and head full of extra large cottonballs. I'm a goddamned medical miracle. The irony of this is that it's mid-term week at my university, and I had set it up so that I have a three day weeked, which I had planned to enjoy by sitting outside enjoying the weather and having a fine afternoon drunk. Alas. Of course, modern medicine hasn't helped my condition, so I might have to follow the age old proverb: Feed a fever, Drown a cold, and try to kill this thing with alcohol. Hell, It's work in the past, lol.

For those of you unfamiliar with the Yellow Dust phenomenon, it is basically a sand storm that starts in the Gobi Desert in Western China. The dust cloud rises into the atmosphere, glides slowly throught the heart of industrial China picking up all sorts of healthy toxic residue, and settles on Korea in an ultra-fine layer of, you guessed it, yellow dust. This annual springtime event varies in its severity from year to year. This year is pretty bad, but it's nothing compared to a couple of years ago where the cloud was so thick that you couldn't see more than a city block in any direction. You have to feel a bit sorry for Koreans. They have been stomped on, invaded, ignored, and basically treated like the red-headed stepchild of Asia for five thousand years (China being one of the chief protagonists), and now this. Poor bastards can't catch a break.

Anyway, whiile I sit here dutifully ignoring the 50 mid-terms that I have to grade, I present you with the Friday morning song list brought to you by DayQuill.

1. Carlos Santana & John Mclaughlin - The Life Divine
2. Enigma - The Prism of Life
3. King Sunny Ade - Eje Nlo Gba Ara Mi
4. The Articles - Dragonfly
5. Enya - Celtic Rain
6. Tommy Dorsey & Frank Sinatra - Blue Skies
7. Papa Wemba - Sakana
8. Beastie Boys - Ricky's Theme
9. New York Ska Jazz Ensemble - Buttah
10. Charlie Parker - Bluebird
11. Miles Davis - Deception
12. Glenn Miller Orchestra - Tuxedo Junction
13. Milt Jackson & Oscar Peterson - Heartstrings
14. Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong - Autumn in New York
15. Billie Holiday - Georgia on My Mind
16. The Modern Jazz Quartet - Echoes
17. Ravi Shankar - Fire Night
18. Charlie Parker - Cool Blues
19. Duke Ellington - Night Train
20. Miles Davis & Thelonius Monk - Blue Monk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home